Basis Technology delivers a variety of products and services based on multilingual text analytics and digital forensics. The Rosette platform provides morphological analysis, entity extraction, name matching and name translation in fields such as information retrieval, government intelligence, e-discovery and financial compliance.
The Rosette search and text analytics technology comes in five distinct functional units:
- RLI – Rosette Language Identifier – automatic language and character encoding identification.
- RBL – Rosette Base Linguistics – many search engines have used RBL to provide essential linguistic services such as tokenization, lemmatization, decompounding, part-of-speech tagging, sentence boundary detection, and noun phrase detection. Currently supports 40 languages.
- REX – Rosette Entity Extractor – finds entities such as names, places, organizations and dates.
- RNI – Rosette Name Indexer – matches the names of people, places and organizations written in different languages against a single, universal index.
- RNT – Rosette Name Translator – provides multilingual name translation through a combination of dictionaries, linguistic algorithms and statistical inference.
A Rosette plug-in is available for Lucene and Solr search technologies and Basis Technology provides solutions for government, social media monitoring, financial compliance, e-discovery and enterprise search.