The Rosette Text Analysis API from Basis Technology is the next iteration by the multilingual text analytics veteran, in applying artificial intelligence to extract meaningful information from human language. For many years, Rosette® by Basis Technology has powered mission-critical search, social media, national security, and financial compliance applications. The Rosette API introduces new capabilities in sentiment analysis, relationship extraction, and document categorization and puts it all in the cloud.
“There are many cloud offerings on the market, but none that perform text analysis in such a wide range of languages, at consistently high quality,” said Basis Technology CEO Carl Hoffman. “Rosette API meets the demand from innovators who are transforming markets, businesses, and industries.”
Subscribers to Rosette API receive a rich stack of analytic capabilities:
- Morphological Analysis, the base of the stack, including lemmatization, decompounding, and part-of-speech identification;
- Entity Extraction and Entity Linking, identifying people, places, organizations and connecting them to things in the real-world;
- Name Matching and Name Translation, extending across multiple cultures, scripts, and languages;
- Relationship Extraction, discovering how people, places, and organizations relate across multiple documents;
- Sentiment Analysis, revealing feelings about products from sources like tweets;
- Categorization, automatically organizing documents into a taxonomy;
- Language Identification, identifying language boundaries within documents.
Developers can access Rosette API via pre-built bindings on GitHub for Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, C#, R and Java (https://github.com/rosette-api)
Additional integrations include a Postman Collection, that makes evaluation dead simple, and a RapidMiner® Studio Extension, that allows data scientists to make use of Rosette API in their predictive analytics workflows.
“Natural language processing enables essential features across countless applications. Rosette API makes this technology accessible to developers working in the most popular development platforms, speeding products to market,” said Gregor Stewart, VP of Product Management. “Going forward, Rosette API subscribers will be able to customize their text analysis environment and use specialty text analytics models tailored to specific industry use cases.”
The API offers a generous call quota for an initial 30 day free trial, typically enough for rapid prototyping and proof of concept work.