Qlik has announced the general availability of Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.0. It also announced Qlik Analytics Platform, which extends the already excellent developer toolkit, and will be of particular interest to ISVs, OEMs and systems integrators. It supports the embedding of visualizations into production applications and websites. Here are the headlines:
Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.0
- Smart Load, a new self-service data preparation solution, helps users access data from any source and find the relationships that exist in this data without any scripting.
- Smart Data Compression visualizes of billions of data points while preserving patterns and meaning in the data.
- Following Qlik’s recent acquisition of NPrinting, users can now benefit from the ability to print and export content, producing reports to share insights in a single click.
- Informational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcobYCzJhCM
- Qlik DataMarket is a data as a service offering that provides access a comprehensive library of external data directly within Qlik solutions, and allows users to augment and cross reference their internal data to gain greater context and drive deeper insights.
- No other vendor in the business intelligence market delivers this type of data library that encompasses both free and paid data sources.
- Sources include business demographics, currencies, population, economic indicators, development indicators, and weather, all offered at various levels of granularity, some down to zip code.
- Informational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p04AZipJbA
Qlik Analytics Platform
- The Qlik Analytics Platform makes Qlik’s powerful APIs available to developers to build unrestricted data-driven applications that can be embedded in any enterprise application and website.
- Features include:
- QIX Associative Data Indexing Engine
- A library of modern mobile-ready visualizations, open and documented APIs, including mashup and extension APIs
- Direct API access to QIX engine and management level backend APIs
- An application toolkit to create a data model, build expressions and leverage the Qlik charting engine
- The Qlik Analytics Platform is available to customers, partners and ISVs.
- See it in action through Qlik’s partnership with the NCAA.