Big data gets big hype and generally makes life difficult – because it adds new levels of complexity in a domain that is already complex enough. Extraordinary efforts are often needed just to achieve the ordinary, and even then it is prone to error. Mike Hoskins, the Chief Technology Officer of Actian, didn’t pull his punches when he said ‘MapReduce is not just dragging us back to how things in IT were in the 1980s, it’s dragging us back to like it was in the 1950s’. So there is clearly a need to simplify matters, and this is where Actian comes in.
Oddly enough Actian does not have the highest profile in analytics and big data, even though it has become the bedrock of big data analytics in some very large corporations. In any case the company has just launched its Big Data 2.0 Clear Path program in an attempt to help businesses move away from the ‘home brew’ big data analytics that are very prevalent, to a more productive environment for getting analytics projects into production.
Actian has considerable experience in big data analytics projects and this is embedded into its new methodologies and workflows. In terms of deliverables the Clear Path Program provides:
- Blueprint diagrams, available at no cost via the Actian website, laying out big data-centric advanced analytics methodology to accelerate time to value, deepen data discovery and blend traditional data with new data types for more accurate results.
- Pre-built workflows that customers can use out of the box with their own data
- Workshops with Actian data scientists to apply the methodology to each customer’s unique problems and datasets
The first set of blueprints focuses on Customer Analytics to help businesses better understand their customers to drive more revenue from individual customers and increase market share:
- Customer Profile Analysis: Create a 360-degree view of customer
- Micro-Segmentation: Create more granular customer segments, down to a “segment of one”
- Customer Lifetime Value Analysis: Discover and cultivate high-value customers
- Next Best Action: Predict and influence customer decisions
- Campaign Optimization: Rapidly build and refine campaigns
- Churn Analysis: Prevent high-value customers from leaving
- Market Basket Analysis: Uncover hidden profitability
Actian Customer Analytics Clear Path blueprints are now available for the Actian Analytics Platform – Extreme Edition and the Actian Analytics Platform – Hadoop SQL Edition. For additional information, please contact Actian at firstname.lastname@example.org.