All these solutions to customer analytics are fit for large scale enterprise needs. 11Ants Analytics solution is specific to retail, the rest address multiple industries. Here is a very brief summary of these offerings with a rating for overall quality (11Ants is excluded from ratings because of its vertical focus):
Agilis – lots of experience with good general solutions to customer analytics.
Alteryx – moderately sophisticated solutions.
Angoss – good technology with excellent visual tools.
FICO – very hard to fault. Sophisticated and powerful solutions.
HP Vertica – several vertical solutions, but no specific customer analytics solution.
IBM – lots of capability and good vertical solutions.
Optimove – surprisingly good SaaS solution to customer analytics.
SAP – excellent technology, good productivity, but fairly narrow focus.
SAS – as much capability as you might possibly want. But it’s going to be expensive.
11Ants RAP is a cloud-based customer science platform which drives retail growth in medium to large retailers. RAP begins with the assumption that there is a huge amount of unrealized value in the transactional data you gather and store – telling detailed stories about your customers and their behaviour: what they buy, what they don’t, when they shop, how often, how price sensitive they are, and much more.
The RAP Customer Science modules provide a strategic and tactical framework for retail growth. The modules include: Company Performance Module, Category Performance Module, Category Drill Down Module, Territory Drill Down Module, Promotion Impact Module, Cross-Sell Opportunity Module, Customer Retention Module, Loyalty Participation Module, Product Customer Profile Module, Product Substitution Module, Mailing List Builder Module and Look-Alike Customer Module.
Agilis – is an innovative leader of Customer and Operational Business Analytics. Its solutions use both internal and external data sets about your customer to win and keep customers, increase ARPU (average revenue per user), and reduce risk and expenses throughout the entire customer lifecycle.
- Acquisition and On-Boarding – Agilis Point of Sale (POS) Solution performs real-time evaluation of each prospect across all channels at the time of acquisition to present the right offers to new customers, identify customers who represent financial risk and enhance customer experience to drive future profitability and loyalty.
- Collections and Churn – Learning from subscriber’s behavior from onboarding through the lifecycle; Agilis Customer Analytics scores a customer’s propensity to churn, and to pay, providing proactive churn management and collections effectiveness. Utilizing the subscriber’s scores and potential future value, Agilis Analytics helps target those customers for rescue along with providing proactive actions to minimize financial risk.
- Subscriber Management – Agilis subscriber management analytics maximize market share and lifetime customer value. Agilis Customer Analytics utilize subscriber and third party data, when applicable, to predict consumer behavior to allow you to optimize revenue opportunities and deliver enhanced customer experience.
- Financial Risk Management- – Agilis Risk Management solutions are out-of-the-box self learning adaptive analytics, purpose built to address current and new risks that are associated with next generation networks and services delivering end-to-end risk management solutions throughout the subscriber life cycle.
Alteryx – is specifically an analytics technology and solutions supplier. Its customer analytics solutions address multiple issues, including:
- Anticipate customer behavior so you can drive repeatable business.
- Target prospects with similar attributes as customers with hyper-local messaging.
- Drive significant improvements in marketing campaign effectiveness, customer retention, operational efficiency and brand loyalty.
Angoss – customer analytics can help build, host and maintain industry-based predictive models for analysts, in order to discover new patterns and trends in their data and accurately predict customer behavior.
There are 8 stages that make up the Customer Analytics Lifecycle:
- Customer Segmentation allows analysts to understand the landscape of the market in terms of customer characteristics and whether they naturally can be grouped into segments that have something in common.
- Customer Acquisition is used to acquire new customers and increase market share, and often involves offering products to a large number of prospects.
- Upsell/Cross Sell aim to provide existing customers with additional or more valued products.
- Next Product/Recommendation aims to promote additional products to existing customers when the time is right.
- Customer Retention/Loyalty/Churn aim at maintaining and rewarding customer loyalty and reduce customer defection.
- Customer Lifetime Value is used to design programs to appreciate and reward valuable customers.
- Product Segmentation allows for the optimization of using product affinity; in most cases using Market Basket Analysis.
- Voice of the Customer is used to understand what customers are saying about the company, its competitors and predict customer behaviour through unstructured text-based data.
Angoss customer analytics are offered through Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER®, KnowledgeSTUDIO®, KnowledgeREADER™, and KnowledgeSEEKER Marketing Edition and KnowledgeSCORE™ providing customer analytics solutions for data profiling and visualization, Decision Tree analysis, predictive modeling, and scoring and strategy building.
Banks, retailers, telcos, and healthcare providers use Angoss analytics to develop their customer analytics lifecycle.
FICO – is a leading provider of analytics solutions with a broad base of technology and solutions offerings, as will be apparent from the solutions listings below. It has a particularly dominating presence in financial services, insurance, pharmaceuticals and retail. The solutions domains it addresses include:
- Debt Management – Collections and Recovery, Customer Growth & Retention, Campaign Management, Customer Strategy Management, Multi-Channel Customer Communications
- Customer Originations – Originations
- Fraud & Security – Enterprise Fraud & Security, Compliance
- Scores – Scoring & Scoring Solutions
The products offered include:
Customer Growth & Retention Products
- FICO® TRIAD® Customer Manager
- FICO® Customer Dialogue Manager
- FICO® Customer Communications Services
Customer Originations Products
- FICO® Origination Manager
- FICO® Customer Communications Services
- FICO® Application Fraud Manager
- FICO® LiquidCredit® Service
Debt Management Products
- FICO® Debt Manager™ Solution
- FICO® Engagement Analyzer
- FICO® PlacementsPlus® Service
- FICO® Risk Intervention Manager
- FICO® Network
Fraud & Security Products
- FICO® Falcon® Fraud Manager
- FICO® Identity Resolution Engine
- FICO® Fraud Resolution Manager
- FICO® Application Fraud Manager
- FICO® Insurance Fraud Manager, Health Care Edition
Scores and Scoring Solutions
- FICO® Score
- FICO® Score Open Access
- FICO® Expansion Score
- myFICO® service
HP Vertica – addresses many analytics problems and a solution is offered specifically for customer analytics. It allows organizations to collect, manage, and analyze data from disparate sources, including web logs, third-party analytics tools, social media, and traditional CRM and customer records from enterprise systems.
Some solution examples include:
Online & Mobile
Online and mobile businesses have a need to improve the effectiveness of their website. Analyzing clickstream data provides rich insight into which pages are effective and which pages site visitors ignore. When combined with sales and conversion data, clickstream analysis can help you discover the most effective series of steps needed to encourage conversions, sales, and add-on purchases.
Increased competition and shrinking margins are compelling retailers to increase the amount of data they collect to gain a competitive advantage. Loyalty programs, customer tracking solutions, and market research, when combined with sales and inventory data, provides rich insights that drive decisions around products, promotions, price, and distribution management. Data driven decisions enable sales based on actual purchase patterns, instead of guess work.
Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions are using customer analytics to understand the lifetime value of customers, increase cross-sales, and manage customer attrition, among other programs. The ability to understand how customers use different banking programs – credit and debit cards, mortgages and loans, and online banking tools – allows financial services companies to develop targeted campaigns and value added offers that increase customer satisfaction and profits.
Communication Service Providers (CSPs)
Call Detailed Records (CDRs) contain a wealth of information such as the length of a call, number called, weather the call was dropped or not, etc. CDRs create massive amounts of valuable data for CSPs. The ability to analyze these massive volumes of data allows CSPs to develop customer focused promotions that attract and retain customers, reducing churn and increasing profitability.
IBM – offers a broad set of customer analytics capabilities. Its solutions aim to:
- Target customers with highly relevant offers across all channels, including digital, mobile and social.
- Understand customers in the context of their individual relationships with your brand.
- Engage with customers through the right channel, with the right message, at the right time.
- Predict which customers are at risk of churning and why, and take actions to retain them.
- Measure customer sentiment and spot emerging trends in social media and survey data.
- Maximize customer lifetime value through personalized up-sell and cross-sell offers.
The solution modules it provides to address these issues include:
- Customer acquisition
- Attract more valuable customers with smarter analytics.
- Lifetime Value
- Customer lifetime value
- Maximize the long-term profitability of every customer.
- Customer loyalty
- Improve loyalty and satisfaction by understanding and engaging your customers.
- IBM Digital Analytics
- Digital marketing optimization
- Turn insights from web analytics and digital customer profiles into personalized campaigns.
- Understand the value your customers represent to your bottom line.
- IBM Social Media Analytics
- Social media analytics
- Unlock the value of customer sentiment in social media.
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing performance analytics
- Deliver better results and bigger returns with customer analytics.
- Tealeaf CX
- Customer experience management
- Improve online conversion and retention by understanding customer struggles and behaviors.
Optimove – is Web-based software that implements a systematic approach to running, measuring and optimizing customer marketing campaigns. With Optimove, marketers and customer retention experts maximize the lifetime value of every customer by consistently achieving the best match between every campaign and every customer.
In other words, Optimove’s unique customer modeling technology understands every customer – and accurately predicts how each marketing campaign will impact their behavior. Armed with this insight, marketers unlock the magic of one-to-one marketing campaigns to convert more customers, increase spending and reduce churn.
Marketers use Optimove to build, track and optimize a comprehensive customer marketing plan. The software integrates with email service providers, message boards and multi-channel campaign execution systems to automatically deliver campaigns to customers at scheduled times.
The software then automatically analyzes the performance of every customer marketing campaign – in monetary terms – using test and control groups or A/B tests. Every campaign thus becomes a measurable marketing experiment which feeds the software’s self-learning recommendation engine!
SAP – applications form the bedrock for many large organisations. It offers an innovative and powerful solution to customer analytics through InfiniteInsight. With traditional predictive analytics, you can expect to spend a great deal of time on activities that are manual, repetitive, and prone to human error. SAP InfiniteInsight (formerly KXEN) has changed all that – automating most of the effort so that users can gain unprecedented customer insight and make forward-looking decisions with ease.
SAS – provides a very broad suite of analytics technologies, and its Customer Intelligence offering specifically addresses the customer analytics space. Its solutions aim to:
- Increase response rates, customer loyalty and, ultimately, ROI by contacting the right customers with highly relevant offers and messages.
- Reduce campaign costs by targeting those customers most likely to respond.
- Decrease attrition by accurately predicting customers most likely to leave and developing the right proactive campaigns to retain them.
- Deliver the right message by segmenting customers more effectively and better understanding target populations.
The products which address these issues include:
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™ – Streamline the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data.
- SAS® Customer Link Analytics – Categorize customer relationships and identify the communities in which they interact.
- SAS® Rapid Predictive Modeler – Generate predictive models quickly and easily, and apply results to improve decision making.
- SAS/ETS® – Model, forecast and simulate business processes with econometric and time series analysis.
- SAS® Data Management – Ensure better, more reliable data integrated from any source.