10 Alternatives to Dasheroo 2016
Bittle supports the creation of online dashboards specifically for the SME user. The free package restricts data storage and data sources, and comes with a standard graphics library (instead of a more advanced one). Bittle also supports report creation.
ClicData is a cloud based dashboard platform that successfully delivers an easy to use, drag and drop graphical interface, while providing the tools for power users to deliver high levels of sophistication. Business users are able to produce dashboards almost immediately, and as they become more familiar with the platform, so they can deliver dashboards that incorporate a wide range of charts and graphs, conditional output, pivot tables, calculations and many other features. It is ideal for smaller businesses, but has also found enthusiastic uptake in larger firms as they become familiar with its power and flexibility. The good news for very small businesses and single users is the free version of ClicData. This essentially supports CSV and Excel data, and data refresh once a week.
Cyfe is easy to use and extremely good value.
- Extensive support for internal and external data sources.
- Many graph and chart types including line, spline, area, area-spline, stacked area, column, … , pie, donut, list, funnel, tables – and so on.
- A top contender for people considering a social media monitoring dashboard.
- The whole environment is widget driven, and so it is very easy to connect with social sources such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (many others too).
- A free account is offered for people with modest needs, or the Premium service offers pretty well unlimited everything for $19 per month.
Dash supports real-time dashboards for websites, business and personal use. The free version supports a single dashboard.
Dashzen supports the creation of both private and public dashboards in the cloud. Private dashboards can be shared with nominated people. A variety of gadgets make up a dashboard, some of which are connected with various data sources (salesforce, Twitter, StackExchange etc).
Geckoboard cloud service best for online data
- Online dashboards service with commonly used visuals and support for online and social data sources.
- Chart types include bar, bullet graph, funnel, dials, Highcharts charting library support, leaderboard, line, pie, maps and several others.
- Over 60 integrations with online apps and data sources, spreadsheet data, social sources.
- Custom widgets support push (data pushed to dashboard) and pull (data pulled by dashboard from datasource).
- Starts at $49/mo for single user with 2 dashboards, up to $399/mo for 15 users and 25 dashboards, plus more if needed.
InetSoft provide a free version of their excellent Style Scope platform. Style Scope Free Edition is a small-footprint server that delivers Web-based interactive Flash dashboards and visualizations that can be shared within an organization. The Java-based application can be installed on any Windows, Unix, or Mac desktop and can be connected to data in standard relational databases as well as spreadsheets.
Klipfolio – very capable and reasonably priced.
- Sophisticated online dashboard service with good data handling
- Hundreds of connectors for database, spreadsheet, online apps, social data.
- Ability to combine data sources and create complex formulas.
- Dozens of chart types – dials, line, pie, maps, gauges, tables etc.
- Pricing starts at $20/mo one user, to thousands of users.
Power BI Designer is a business dashboard and data management tool, and it seems Microsoft has at last realised there is an analytical world outside Excel. While Power BI Designer, at the time of writing, is still a work in progress, Microsoft has said that it will likely see more development than the pillars of Excel based analytics – namely Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View. The free subscription to Power BI Preview and the free download of Power BI Designer will seed it into a market desperate for easy to use data exploration and visualisation tools.
InsightSquared is essentially a sales reporting app implemented as a cloud service. It is not a general purpose BI tool, but provides a large number of sales oriented reports – to the extent that some users find the choice bewildering. It is mainly used by small and medium sized organizations, provides mobile support through a browser based interface, and is compatible with ZenDesk (customer service) , Salesforce (generic CRM solution) and Bullhorn (CRM for recruitment agencies) data. An API is available for those who want to call InsightSquared services from other apps.
Slemma is a cloud BI and dashboard software that allows devs and non-devs alike to do ad hoc visual analysis against data. Slemma plugs in directly to the most popular databases (including XMLA data sources), cloud storage and cloud services, and allows to bypass the need for a warehouse. It is easy to create a dashboard by using intuitive drag-and-drop interface or writing and running SQLs to build charts.
With the dashboards created in Slemma, team and clients can access dashboards through the web. And they can slice and dice the data in real-time by dimensions and measures for their own needs. The platform also supports data transformation features like aggregation, calculations, filtering, sorting and ordering data.
A free version supports Excel and CSV files and integration with Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive. Paid subscriptions start at US$ 29 per month.